ALL the Flakies!

Hi all! I've got flakies to show you today! I went to Sally's this past week HOPING that the Finger Paints FX collection would finally be available annnd they were!!! I spotted them as soon as I got in the door and made a beeline right for them.

I decided to limit myself to just three of the five, and those were Twisted, Flecked and Motley. In my opinion, Flashy (the reddish one) is very similar to Nubar 2010 (which I already have) and Asylum (purple/blue and orange) just didn't appeal too much to me because I'm not a huge fan of orange. Also, it seems like Twisted has a lot of the same colors (plus more) as Asylum.

So, here they are!

(Left to right: Twisted, Flecked, and Motley.)

(Left to right: Twisted, Flecked, and Motley.)

I'd definitely say that Twisted is my favorite. There are just so many different colors in this one! It's *almost* the perfect rainbow flakie. While I was swatching these, I decided to mix most of my flakies to make a mega flakie mashup! That one included the three Finger Paints, plus Essie-As Gold as it Gets and Nubar-2010.

(Left to right: Twisted, Flecked, Motley, and my MEGA FLAKIE MASHUP!)

(My other flakies, left to right: Color Club-Covered in Diamonds, Essie-As Gold as it Gets, Nubar-2010, Twisted, and half of Flecked peeking in the side of the picture.)

(Of course, the first one I used was Twisted. :D This is two coats over one coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear-Black Out)

(Aaand a close up to show you more sparkly goodness.)

So, yeah! These were $4.99 each, and in my opinion, totally worth it. It's exciting to see that so many brands are starting to make flakie polishes. I think next on my list to get is one of the Zoya flakies. :)

Anyway, that's all I have for today. Keep painting!


Comments