Strawberry-Watermelon

Well, I continued on the lazy trend last week and did a few manis over my fake nails. At first, I just painted over the tips with China Glaze-Strawberry Fields, but alas, I forgot to take a picture. This picture of the bottle will have to do. :P


(Strawberry Fields is a somewhat sheer, bright pink with a golden shimmer. This is one of my favorite pinks ever!)

A few nights later, I painted over the whole nail and decided to continue on the fruit theme, so I did a watermelon accent nail!


(Please excuse the bit of black from the previous design that's showing through in this picture!)

The other colors I used for the watermelon nail include Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear-White On, Sinful Colors-HD Nails, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear-Black Out.

Yesterday, I decided I was getting sick of the fake nails, but was still craving the glass-flecked, duochrome look. I had just used Orly-Hailey's Comet on my toes and could not stop looking at them, so I decided I would make my nails match!


(Isn't it gorgeous?)


I couldn't quite capture the full effect on my nails, by let me assure you, it is beautiful. I'm thinking I might add some sort of mermaid/scale pattern over the top, because that's exactly what this reminds me of.

Comments

  1. Cute watermelons! I found your blog on the Reddit Lacquerista Link Party! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think maybe this summer I might try to do my entire hand haha. :D

      I absolutely love the Reddit Lacqueristas! I think it's so neat that a bunch of us have blogs and are following each other.

      Delete

Post a Comment