Stamping Practice

You might have noticed that my blog now redirects to my own, custom URL! If you visit www.prettypolishedpointers.com you'll find my blog! Don't fret though, if you visit me through Blogger you'll still be redirected so nothing will change. Yippee!

So for today's post I wanted something bright and cheery. I started out with two coats of OPI-Kiss Me on My Two Lips from the Holland collection. This is a super bright (however, not neon) pink, with more of a blue tinge. Like so many OPI cremes, it dried beautifully and super glossy.


On top of this, I added a pretty floral pattern stamp RA-109 with Sally Hansen-Black Out. This was a slightly difficult pattern just because it has some tiny pieces, but I think it turned out pretty nice. On top I added one coat of Seche Vite to finish it off.


In addition to my own nails, I was able to do a manicure on a friend of mine over the weekend! Big shout out to Daisy who was nice enough to let me practice on her! (And just because she's so awesome, here's a plug for her equally awesome website! She's a fantastic graphic/web designer!)

For a base color we used NYX-Luscious Green, which is an almost-metallic light green.


For the stamp, Daisy picked a different design on that same RA-109 plate. She had originally picked a dark, glittery blue for the stamp color, but after testing it we decided it wouldn't be quite opaque enough. Instead, we decided on Kleancolor-Metallic Fuchsia (although it's misspelled "Fuschia" on my bottle :P).


I think it turned out super fun! It was so nice to be able to practice placing stamps on nails other than my own. Thanks again, Daisy!

Comments