Magic the Gathering Nails

Well, Friday night I went to my first midnight release party for a new set of Magic the Gathering trading cards! To celebrate the occasion, I painted my nails to match. The card game uses five basic types of "mana" for casting creature and spell cards, so I did one nail for each color of mana.


I started with a glitter base for each one and then added the symbols with a tiny brush. The polishes used are:

Thumb (red): Orly-Star Spangled + painting with Zoya-Sooki
Pointer (silver): Sinful Colors-Queen of Beauty + painting with Sally Hansen-Black Out
Middle (green): Orly-Here Comes Trouble + painting with Sally Hansen-Jumpin' Jade
Ring finger (black): LA Girl-Uninhibited + painting with Sally Hansen-White On
Pinky (blue): China Glaze-Dorothy Who? + painting with NYC-Skin Tight Denim


Here you can see the symbols that I used for my art. From left to right, these represent the Swamp, Island, Forest, Mountain, and Plains.


And here are some close ups of each finger. I think if I attempt something like this again, I need to pay better attention to picking a top color that stands out more against the base color/glitter.

So, any other MTG players out there? :D

Comments