Nail Art: Doughnuts!

As part of a recent group challenge, I had to do some doughnut nail art! Instead of going for a literal doughnut on my nails, I decided to try some fun "drip" nail art to represent the frosting, which is something I hadn't yet tried. After showing my husband he decided we had to go get doughnuts so I would have a matching prop for photos! (Is he the best or what?!) ^_^


For the base color I used two coats of Ulta "Set the Nude," which isn't quite the shade I needed (turns out I don't have any pale, yellow-toned nudes in my collection) but I think it works alright. On top of that I used KBShimmer "Life Rose On" to paint on some freehand drips. The sprinkles are just small lines that I added with a tiny brush using Sinful Shine "Wisp," Ulta "Sun-sational," and Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue." (Yes, I totally did bust out my old bottle of Pacific Blue because of the whole discontinuing chaos happening this week.) I finished this with one coat of top coat.



(Silly me, it's hard to take photos with my hand posed like this!)


I even took a couple shots with my cupcake Android figurine because it's just too dang cute! Maybe if I do these again I'll match the color palette to it!


So what do you think? Good enough to eat? I know the doughnut definitely was. Thanks for reading!

Comments