WingDust Wednesday: "Zambezi Sunset"


Happy Wednesday, everyone! For today's WingDust Wednesday I have an older polish to share with you which recently made a quick return. I believe this shade is from 2012 and Stephanie describes it as being "inspired by the amazing sunsets we saw night after night in Zambia." I'm always so thankful when I'm able to get a hold of older polishes from a brand that I might have originally missed out on!

"Zambezi Sunset" - A red-orange shimmery base filled with yellow, pink, lavender, and gold hexes as well as gold bar glitters. I used three thin coats plus top coat.


Swatch Summary

Brand name: WingDust
Color name: "Zambezi Sunset"
Price: $8.50
Release date: 2012, but occasionally pops back up on the WingDust Etsy store!
Where to buy: WingDust Etsy Store
Where to follow: Facebook & Instagram

My opinion: Red polishes can sometimes be difficult because they bring out the redness in my skin, but I quite enjoy the orangey-copper tone that this one has. A few other WingDust polishes ("I Ain't No Angel," "Muskoka Sunset," "Waking Dream," and "After Party @ Jimmay's") have tiny bar glitters, but this is one of only a few that have large bar glitters! Personally I like bar glitter, especially when it's used sparsely like this. "Zambezi Sunset" has the perfect combination of glitter shades and shimmer to represent a gorgeous sunset. :)

As always, thanks so much for reading!


*Polishes in this post were provided for my personal and 100% honest opinion.*

Comments

Post a Comment