DIY Nail Polish Rack!


As my collection of polish has grown, I've tried to contain it to a few areas around the house. The easiest spot to paint is sitting at my desk, so naturally quite a few bottles migrated down there.

I started toying with the idea of using a spice rack to store my polish. Sounds like a great idea, right? The only downfall is finding several spice racks, which possibly match. Smaller ones only hold maybe 15 bottles.

Today I decided I was just going to make one. At first, I thought I'd make one all fancy out of wood, but I soon realized it would be a lot of work and I don't really have all the tools for that. Instead, I settled on some foam core board and hot glue. Surprisingly, it worked out fantastic!


(Sorry for the somewhat crappy photo. It gets super dark downstairs and we just don't seem to have enough lamps to compensate.)

So there it is! I only used two pieces of foam core for this, with some left over. I think I'm going to either paint this or cover it in some sort of decorative paper. I'm also toying with the idea of adding some tiny dowels across the front to keep things from falling out.

Comments