It's time for polish!

I've recently come to realize that painting my nails and getting absorbed in detailed design is something that totally relaxes me. The past few weeks have been incredibly stressful, due to finals, but I've found that if I take some time to sit down and give myself a manicure, all the stress seems to melt away.

I decided to get into the holiday spirit and make my manicures holiday themed. I've been posting the results on Facebook, but have now decided a dedicated blog would be nice. It would also keep my friends from constantly having to see "My latest mani!" in their news feed. :P






(From top to bottom: Sally Hansen-Cherry Red & Sinful Colors-Snow Me White, Sally Hansen-Blizzard Blue & L.A. Colors Art Deco-White, Sally Hansen-Celeb City & Orly Glitz Glamour, Sally Hansen-Going Green & Nubar 2010, and Maybelline-Ruby Star & Klean Color nail art in black.)

That leads us into Christmas! As I'm sure you can guess, the top suggestion I had for people when I was asked for gift ideas was "Nail polish! ALL the nail polish!" I have to say, oh man did my family deliver.


(My haul from left to right: Essie-Dive Bar, OPI-Manicurist of Seville, OPI-Excuse Moi, OPI-Siberian Nights, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen-black crackle, Sally Hansen-White On, Sally Hansen-Boca Mocha, Milani-Awesome Orange, Milani-Pink Hottie, Milani-Fresh Teal, and the four mini Essies in front are First Dance, Better Together, Made to Honor and Borrowed & Blue.)

Of course I had to use some of my new polish right away! I had already been wearing Essie-As Gold as it Gets, so I started with the black crackle over that:



(I know, the whole crackle finish is kind of old news, but I'm late to get on the bandwagon. This was my first crackle! I feel like it almost made a lazy leopard print.)

Annnd I think my favorite (or at least so far) has been the OPI-Excuse Moi. This was my first OPI (squee!) and I couldn't believe how smoothly it went on. I swear, if there was a signature "Barbie" nail color, this would be one of the top contenders. The pictures don't do it justice!



So, that concludes my first post and I'm hoping for many more! Keep on painting!


Comments