Minty Taping

Hi all! So, I'm finally getting around to playing with some of the tools I've ordered from Ebay. If you're looking for CHEAP nail art tools, I would highly recommend checking Ebay. A while back, I got that set of five dotting tools from ebay for $1 dollar. More recently I ordered a few more things including some striping tape which I decided to use tonight! The striping tape was 10 rolls (in different colors) for $1 dollar as well!

I started out with China Glaze-For Audrey and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear-Mint Sorbet. The two are very similar, but Mint Sorbet is much lighter.


So I did all *but* my ring fingers in For Audrey and then Mint Sorbet on the ring fingers. After letting that dry, I added five pieces of the striping tape in a diagonal pattern over the Mint Sorbet and topped it off with the For Audrey. When you do paint over tape like this, you want to make sure you remove the tape fairly quickly so that the top color doesn't dry onto the tape.


I topped it off with some trusty Seche Vite and ta-da! Cute, minty, striped accent nail! I think it turned out pretty great and was surprisingly easy to do!

Comments