Liebster Award!

Yayayayay! One of the things I LOVE about the nail blogging community is the idea of sharing and promoting each other. Even if it's something simple, being tagged for an award is always really fun and flattering!

This week, I was tagged by the awesome Cara at Fox Claws for the Liebster Award! Thank you so so much, Cara! <3 After some Googling, I found that "Liebster" means "beloved" or "dearest" in German. Adorable, right? Apparently it was started quite a while ago and has just kept going ever since!



The basic rules are these:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.6. There's no tag backs. 

Let's begin!

11 things about me!

1. I just got married to my man of 5 years in June! <3

2. Until very recently, I hadn't seen movies like Terminator, Back to the Future, Alien, and Independence Day.

3. When I'm not blogging or going to school, I play a lot of video games. My current favorites include Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3, and I'm in the process of beating Starfy on my DS. :P

4. My most favorite food is avocados. 

5. I'm not big on pets (only ever had one family dog a few years ago, which is now my mom's), but I do have two purdy fish tanks. I love love love my fishies!

6. My goal is to get into production photography. Jewelry and/or food in particular.

7. I regularly play card games such as Magic the Gathering and Yugioh with friends. Just recently, I even went to my first MTG tournament/draft/pre-release party!

8. Everyone knows me as Tia, but my real name is actually Kristia. And that's pronounced "Kris-tea-uh" not "Kris-ta" or "Kris-tcha." 

9. I have three tattoos: foot, side of my calf, and my back.

10. I am a huge gadget nerd! Well, my husband and I both. Seriously, just on our two side-by-side desks there are SEVEN screens. I think it's safe to say we have at least 12 computers in our house? Crazy, I know. And along with that, I LOVE white electronics. I have a new white phone, white DS Lite, white Kindle, white iPod... yeah, I have a problem.

11.  I have seen just about every episode of Star Trek. Except for the original series. The Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and Enterprise... seen 'em all.

11 Questions from Fox Claws!

1. Who is your favorite YouTuber? (Doesn't have to be beauty related.)
That's a tough one. Do I have to have just one favorite? Well, I watch a lot of MaximusBlack's videos (and Twitch stream), I ADORE Day[9] haha his videos just make me super happy, Lisa Eldridge is an amazing makeup artist I watch a lot of, and I have to give a shout out to my brother-in-law's channel ValuePlanetVideos because they're just hilarious. ;D

2. If you could only wear one polish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ahh my nails would be so sad! That is way too tough of a choice! Alright, I *think* I'm going to go with Jade "Psicoldelica." I'm a huge fan of silver holos and this one just looks so nice and is so easy to apply. I don't think life would be the same without silver holo polish.

3. Name 5 states/countries you have been to.
Oregon, Washington, California, Canada, and Mexico.

4. If you weren't blogging right now, what would you be doing?
Playing Starcraft 2 with my husband, brother-in-law, and a friend. Or watching Battlestar Galactica. (I just started season 2!)

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
This one is a tie. Either when people mix up your/you're, where/wear, it's/its, and there/their/they're OR when people sit on/put their feet on my pillow.

6. Do you have any hidden talents?
Not really any *hidden* ones. I guess one of my less known talents (at least one most of my readers wouldn't know) is my musical talent. I've been playing the piano since I was a kid, played Clarinet (and a tiny bit of Flute and Piccolo) in band, and tried to teach myself bass guitar. 

7. Who is your biggest blogger inspiration?
While there are a huge number of bloggers I admire and adore, I think my favorite is The PolishAholic. Her swatches and nails are always so perfect and beautiful and on top of that I think she has a really fun writing style. She just seems like a really nice and genuine lady! :)

8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Girly shows. The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Gossip Girl and America's Next Top Model, among others. I dunno, I just kinda like getting sucked into the lives of other people.

9. Ocean or Mountains?
OCEAN. For sure.

10. Name 5 things within arms reach RIGHT now. 
Arizona Hard Arnold Palmer, swatch wheels, a peanut butter cookie, my Yugioh deck, and a D20.

11. Post the funniest google image you can find. Explain why you chose THAT image.
Haha I love funny pictures of kids and this is one of the first ones that came up with that search:


My questions for my 11 tagged friends!

1. What would your dream polish be? Or, if you already have one that meets your heart's desires, what is it?2. What is one food you could eat every day?
3. If you could have lunch with any famous person, who would it be?
4. What got you into blogging/nail polish?
5. What is one skill you would like to learn?
6. If you could only take three books to a desert island, what would they be?
7. Which would you rather do, dishes or laundry?
8. If you were a robot and I knew but you didn't, would you want me to tell you?
9. What was your very first screen name? (LOL mine was flutterbytia)
10. Winter or summer?
11. What is one item you have with you all the time? 

Bloggers I'm tagging!

I'm sorry, but I honestly can't find too many other bloggers I know of who have less than 200 followers! If anyone has any suggestions let me know because I'd love to share the love!

Comments

  1. I am honestly a bit shocked at the number of girl gamers I have met in the polish community! Its AWESOME! Jess at Too Cute-icle and I play WoW.

    I started Diablo 3 but just couldn't get into it. As much as I call myself a 'raider', I do enjoy the MMO social aspect of WoW when I have the time for it. Blast me and my need to talk to people! GRRR

    Congrats on your recent nuptials! I totally get your attraction to white electronics. And that photo of the lobster baby is amazing LOL!!!

    Cheers!
    Cara @ Fox Claws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far you're only like the second or third I've met. That's awesome about Jess! Haha sometime we should have like a lacquerista party in a game!

      I've got one character in D3 to 60 and into Inferno, but honestly it's lost a lot of appeal to me. At this point, it's just grinding for new gear so you don't die instantly. But if you ever want to play D3, hit me up! I'm wanting to work on my low level characters and the game is so so much more fun with friends!

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award lovely! Good answers. I like that badge so much better than the one I got, yours is so pretty hehe. Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Haha awh, well I'm sure you could swap the badge photos!

      Delete
  3. I did a Liebster post here http://girlsnightcreativity.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html and just updated it with your questions. (good ones btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Haha I love all of your answers!

      Delete

Post a Comment