12 Days of Bloggers Day Five: Nail Polish Novice!

Alright, I should be all caught up on interviews and challenge posts by the end of today.



Name: Charis Covington
Blog Name/URL: Nail Polish Novice - http://xarisc.blogspot.com/
Other places to follow online: Instagram: xarisc


Check out this red and silver snowflake manicure she did recently for a 
Christmas challenge! I love this color combo!

Tell me a little bit about yourself! I live in Seattle, Washington (yes I love the rain;-) married to a crazy, fun guy and we have a 6 year old daughter, and one dog named Kinsa. (so actually, I have 3 kids, hehe) I love to run, recently discovered cycling with my family, reading and being lazy on the weekends watching TV. I've only recently acquired my obsession with nail polish and nail art, just this summer in fact. I have a small enough stash of polishes to hide from my husband and an almost big enough stash to seriously consider a Helmer from Ikea. When that happens, I'm not sure how I shall fare with the hiding part. 

Where did you get the inspiration for your blog name? Honestly it just kind of came to me, it was catchy and rhythmic.

How did you first get into blogging? I first got into blogging when I started participating in the Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge on Facebook, I have no clue how I stumbled onto that group, but I was fascinated with their talent and camaraderie so it didn't take me long to realize how many of the lovely group members had blogs, so I figured I'd give it a try.

How long have you been into nail polish and nail painting? I've always loved to have nail polish, but didn't really get into the obsession of it until about May/June of this year.

How many polishes do you have in your stash? Uhhhh, I haven't actually counted.....I'm a little scared to. As above, I've got enough to seriously start considering a Helmer for my stash. :-)

What are your favorite base and top coats? So far my favorite base coat is Orly Rubberized Bonder and Seche Vite topcoat, although I'm starting to get into Wicked from Cult Nails.

What are some of your other hobbies or interests? I've decorated cakes for friends and family for about 4 years, I like to cross stitch, crochet, beading and reading.

What is your #1 polish lemming right now? No fair! I have to pick only 1?!?!? Ugh, ok. Being totally vain, I'm kind of on a hunt for polishes that have my name in it, Charis. I have Charisma from Zoya, and now I'm after Illamasqua's Charisma.

If you only had one polish on a desert island, what would it be? OMG what kind of horrible torture would that be?!? That's just wrong!!! But if I had to choose over all my lovelies, I would pick Zoya Song. 

Do you prefer freehand art, taping, or stamping? Right now I totally stink at free hand and taping, so stamping is my favorite cause I'm lazy.

What upcoming collection are you most excited for?  I have yet to find an entire collection that I want all of the polishes from, but I'm really loving the new Zoyas coming.

What is the best Christmas present you've ever received?  My husband bought me my first iPod for Christmas, 3 days after our daughter was born. That iPod changed my life for the better, and it's turned me into an Apple geek.

Gingerbread men or sugar cookies? My mother's ginger bread men and my sister-in-laws sugar cookies. If I could seriously only have one, my SIL's sugar cookies (sorry Mum!!! I love you!!!!)

Multicolored lights or all white? Multicolored all the way!!!

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Since my daughter is old enough now to participate more, leaving cookies for Santa and reindeer food. 

So that's Charis! Make sure you check out her stuff, follow her, and subscribe! I hope you're all loving these interviews as much as I am! Stay tuned, I've got some more coming soon and then I'll be back on track!

Comments