12 Days of Bloggers Day Four: The Polished Mommy!

Gotta get another post in tonight! 



The next wonderful blogger is...


Name: Francine Brandow

Blog Name/URL: http://www.thepolishedmommy.com/
Other places to follow online: http://www.facebook.com/thepolishedmommyhttp://www.reddit.com/user/the_polished_mommy/http://www.beautylish.com/ThePolishedMommyhttps://twitter.com/polishedmommyhttp://pinterest.com/polishedmommy/http://www.tumblr.com/blog/thepolishedmommyhttp://instagram.com/thepolishedmommy/





Look at the AMAZING Santa manicure she did for my Christmas challenge!
Can you believe the detail? It's so great!

Tell me a little bit about yourself! 

I'm a 27yr old mom of 2 super active little boys, my oldest just started preschool! I was born and raised in FL and just recently moved to CA so I'm still adjusting to life on the west coast. All my life I have been obsessed with beauty products, not in a vain way, I just love the creativity of playing with colors. My main love was makeup but since having my boys doing full-face makeup isn't really appropriate and I do have an art degree so I thought I'd put my degree to use and start doing nail art ;)

Where did you get the inspiration for your blog name? 
I wanted to incorporate my love for polish with being a mom and my original idea was The Polished Momma, however that's a name of a nail polish company (and another blogger, check her out!) so I went with Mommy instead.

How did you first get into blogging? 
After my second son was born I suffered from PPD and badly needed a hobby to relieve stress. I started following the nail board on Makeupalley which sparked my interest in doing nails. After a couple of months my husband brought up the idea of starting a blog about my nails and I never imagined it would take off the way it did. =)

How long have you been into nail polish and nail painting?
I've always been into doing my nails, even at ~16 I started doing my own acrylics. But it wasn't until October of 2011 that I really got into painting my nails and doing nail art.

How many polishes do you have in your stash?
In October of 2011 I started with ~50 polishes and currently I'm at 366. This includes frankens I've made but doesn't include top/base coats

What are your favorite base and top coats?
I really like to use treatment polishes as base coats and my current favorites(for growing out my nails) are Nailtiques Formula 2 and Duri Rejuvacote(layered). Once I get my nails to the length I want I really like Gelish Vitagel. My current favorite top coats are Sally Hansen Insta Dri(red bottle) and Orly Polished. I may one day venture into the world of Seche Vite so who knows if my favorites will change after that ;)

What are some of your other hobbies or interests?
Having 2 kids doesn't leave me with much time so painting my nails and blogging is about all I have extra time for lol.

What is your #1 polish lemming right now?
Hmmm.. I was REALLY lemming Max Factor Fantasy Fire so I recently purchased Darling Diva Ringer, which I think has filled that lemming. That being said if I had the opportunity and the price was right I'd probably still get FF.

If you only had one polish on a desert island, what would it be?
OMG! I think I'd have to go with Nailtiques Formula 2 that way I could keep my nails in good condition and have them grow long and strong, which being on an island would be useful. I think I would get bored with just one color, considering I change my color every 2-3 days haha.

Do you prefer freehand art, taping, or stamping?
All 3! But if I had to choose I'd say freehand art, I like being able to create little works of art on my nails.

What upcoming collection are you most excited for?
HOLOS!!!! I'm so excited for the upcoming China Glaze Holo collection. I'm actually on a "no buy" (which is more like 1-2 polishes a month buy lol) until this collection comes out.

What is the best Christmas present you've ever received? 
Umm...I'd have to say the ring my husband got me last year for Christmas which has both of my kids names and birthstones, it's so beautiful and something that means a lot to me.

Gingerbread men or sugar cookies?
Sugar cookies, my Dad and I used to make them every year for Christmas when I was little.

Multicolored lights or all white?
Both! I find that the white lights really make the colors stand out better. We had issues with the white lights we both this year so for a day we had only multi-colored lights on the tree and it looked like it was missing something. Once we put the white lights on BAM pretty tree! (pic)

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Growing up we didn't really have any traditions other than having dinner with my Grandparents. Now that my kids are just starting to understand Holidays we're making our own new traditions.

Make sure you check out her links and follow Francine! She really does some amazing things with nail polish! :D

Comments