12 Days of Bloggers Day One: The Blahg!

I'm very excited to announce that today is the first day of my 12 Days of Bloggers posts! For the next twelve days up until Christmas eve, I will have a feature on a different blogger with all their info, a bunch of questions, and even some pictures!


First up we have...

Name: Sharra

Blog Name: The Blahg

Other places (links) to follow online:
Pinterest
Twitter
Facebook



This is one of my favorite manicures that Sharra has done. 
Isn't it absolutely gorgeous? I love that it's not the typical monarch!

Tell me a little bit about yourself!
I'm a poor Canadian undergraduate nearing the end of my BSC majoring in (Cell) Biology and minoring in Psychology. I listen to a ton of different music.

Where did you get the inspiration for your blog name?
So I've been writing online since I started high school, but I used it as an online journal. If there's one thing I'm not, it's anonymous on the internet so the name I picked then is the same I stuck with. When it was a journal, it was uncool to be writing a blog, so the name reflects that it's an uncool corner of the internet where I blather on about whatever I feel like - blah blah blah-g =P I thought I was really clever but if you do a Google search now, there's a million blahgs. Oh well!

How did you first get into blogging?
As a wangsty teenager, I'd been writing for a long time - mostly when I was upset or angry. Happiness I tend to keep close to myself and that's just how it was. Subsequently, all of that was moved over to what I'm calling the Gar-Blahg (Garbage Blog) to keep my ugly side out of the public eye ;). The nails started earlier this year, when I started seeing all these other amazing blogs! Oh look, the next question...

How long have you been into nail polish and nail painting?
The first nail art I remember doing is from a couple years ago actually, when I did rainbows for Pride! After I found all these wonderful blogs about nail art, I tentatively posted my own and got an AMAZING response. The attention went to my head, and here I am!

How many polishes do you have in your stash?
Apparently I have 150 unique colours, but I know I bought some on Black Friday (7 more!) and I have some very awesome people sending me some really cool packages as well!

What are your favorite base and top coats?
I'm pretty cheap on topcoats, so I have yet to buy myself any Seche Vite. I usually buy whatever quick dry option there is under $4. I figure it's going to bubble anyway, right? As for basecoat, I barely ever use any. I have a Revlon basecoat that I use when I'm putting on a very stainful blue or something (*cough* Sally Hansen Blue Me Away *cough*). Now, if we wanna talk for reals, white school glue as a base for glitter is the best thing anyone ever discovered. Just saying.

What are some of your other hobbies or interests?
I like baking! My boyfriend works part-time in a bakery to pay for school, so he's always got lots of interesting ideas and I LOVE decorating. I used to draw a lot, and I recently bought myself some Premo Sculpey and have tried to make a dragon! It's on hold right now because I start things and never finish them but it'll get finished, really! I used to read a lot as well - science fiction and fantasy. I know how to make friendship bracelets, and sailor's knot bracelets and I would do it more but I can't find material. I... I just like making things =P



What is your #1 polish lemming right now?
NERD LACQUER! She's back, did you hear? I want Quasar, Don't Panic, Shiny and Gorrammit. For something actually attainable, I want China Glaze Make a Spectacle, but we'll see if that ever comes to fruition. We'll see, I get lucky a lot!

If you only had one polish on a desert island, what would it be?
China Glaze Riveting. SO beautiful!

Do you prefer freehand art, taping, or stamping?
I can't tape to save my life! Stamping is also hard, but I've had a little more success at it than tape. You kind of need a talent for it. You definitely need a talent for freehand as well, but I've had practice drawing on paper since I was three so I don't do so badly at it, if I do say so myself. ^^

What upcoming collection are you most excited for?
I don't really know any upcoming collections but of the recent ones, I kind of like the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil collection, especially It's a Trap-eze, Running in Circles and Whirled Away.

What is the best Christmas present you've ever received?
[Picture attached] That's right, a pillow pet. My boyfriend's and my first Christmas together (two years ago, I'm still young), he got me a very fluffy unicorn made even more perfect by the fact that we watched Despicable Me about a month beforehand, 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of delicious Cadbury chocolate and gold earrings I wore for a year and a half before I lost the little rubber backing and was too afraid of losing them to wear them anymore. Still the best present evar.



Gingerbread men or sugar cookies?
Sugar cookies! Two hundred and six little blue men made of sugar cookies!! [Picture attached again!]
PS: If anybody can guess what the little blue men are about, I will give them a magical internet cookie made of all their favourite things!

Multicolored lights or all white?
Rainbows! Rainbows is always the answer.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My family never really got into holiday traditions but my boyfriend's family goes ALL out and I LOVE baking with/for everyone! Companionship resulting in delicious sugary treats? It's a win-win!


And so completes day one! Check back tomorrow for my next featured blogger!

-------

(Photoshop brush credits for my graphics goes to Lileya and Obsidian Dawn.)

Comments