12 Days of Bloggers Day Three: Kyoti's Nails!


Whoop! Back to business! 


Name: Jess
Blog Name/URL: http://kyotisnails.com
Other places (links) to follow online:

This is one of her own, custom polishes that she made for Lucky 13 Lacquer called Twelve Days of Christmas. Super fitting, right? ;D And it has 12 different glitters in it!

Tell me a little bit about yourself! 
I'm nearly 25, I love video games, I live in Southern California (and half for almost my entire life), and I assemble robot guts for a living!! I have a cat who I love/hate very much and two ball pythons. Sagan: http://i.imgur.com/klYLJ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TMRGY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/aauUt.jpg and my pythons, Kirby and Nenya: http://i.imgur.com/wL5dE.jpg

Where did you get the inspiration for your blog name?
My online name is Kyoti....I'm not very creative with names ;-) For my polish brand, 13 has always been my lucky number, so naming it Lucky 13 just seemed natural! For my logo Lucky 13 is shown with a D20 from D&D games to show my nerdy side.

How did you first get into blogging?
I started my first blog to show off my crafty creations and from there I blogged about whatever interested me at the time! I love writing and I love interacting with people, so a blog and Facebook were obvious!

How long have you been into nail polish and nail painting?
Since about October of 2011. I've painted my nails black once in a while for most of my teen/adult life, but I never bothered with anything other than basic black because it *never* lasted more than a day before it started to chip. The one day, somehow, I had just the right amount of luck and I got it to last 3 days! Since then I've hardly gone more than 24 hours without painted nails!!

How many polishes do you have in your stash?
251 colors, 15 stripers, 6 base coats, 5 top coats, and one cuticle oil.

What are your favorite base and top coats?
I actually really like LA Colors hardener/strengthener base coat, whenever I wear glitter I use Elmer's glue, and when I want to feel fancy I use OPI's base coat.

What are some of your other hobbies or interests?
Crafts (sewing, cross stitch, perler, whatever!), video games, and chatting. Super exciting!

What is your #1 polish lemming right now?
OPI Lincoln Park After Dark SUEDE or KBShimmer Witch Way?

If you only had one polish on a desert island, what would it be?
Oh god, how can you do this to me?! Just one....At this red hot second it'd be one of my own polishes that I'm giving as a secret gift so I can't share it yet ;-)

Do you prefer freehand art, taping, or stamping?
Freehand, when I have the time!

What upcoming collection are you most excited for?
I don't follow upcoming collections very closely, so I have no idea.

What is the best Christmas present you've ever received? 
Christmas came a little early for me this year, and I gave myself independence!! I bought my first motorcycle so I'd stop relying on my roomie to drive me around and I'm more financially stable. It feels so good!

Gingerbread men or sugar cookies?
Sugar cookies, always. Ginger is almost always too strong for me.

Multicolored lights or all white?
Multicolored, but I LOVE all blue lights on a white tree.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Lunch/dinner with my best friend's family since my family lives too far to drive on Christmas day, and my mom and I having an early Yule/birthday dinner together.


I hope you enjoyed this interview with Jess and don't forget to go like and follow her stuff! And go enter her birthday nail art contest! :D

Comments