Accidental Rainbows + KBShimmer "Prism Break"


Rainbow sponging with KBShimmer "Prism Break" - I was originally going for a more pastel, gradient look, maybe something like this but with different colors. What I wasn't counting on (although I should have realized it would happen) was the appearance of extra colors where these ones overlapped. Whoops, accidental rainbows! I used OPI "Kiss Me On My Tulips," Ulta "Sun-Sational," and China Glaze "Sunday Funday" on top of a white creme base. On top I used two coats of KBShimmer "Prism Break" and one coat of top coat. 




KBShimmer "Prism Break" adds a lot of subtle sparkle, but I can't say that I picked up much of a linear effect. Maybe it does better over darker colors? I tried my photo light, camera flash, direct LED flash, and sunlight but I wasn't able to coax out any rainbows. That said, I still love the effect it gave to this. It's like China Glaze "Fairy Dust" if you don't want to be bothered to remove glitter!


I had fun with these, but they definitely weren't what I was going for. Someday I'll achieve that perfectly blended gradient and be able to do a celebration dance. You can pick up a bottle of Prism Break for yourself from the KBShimmer website for $8.75!

*Some products provided for my personal and 100% honest review.*

Comments