Earthquake Nail Art

In addition to today being Earth Day it was also my first time doing matching nails (#nailtwins!) with my amazing friend Delphine! After a bit of brainstorming we decided it would be fun to try what is called "earthquake nails" in a color scheme that looked like the Earth! Make sure you check out her Instagram to see her amazing nails as well!


For my own nails I used Essie "Pretty Edgy" and Sinful Colors "Endless Blue." I started by painting the right half of each nail with the green and then painted the right half with the blue. I wasn't worried about making the lines super straight because the next step was to cover them with the black!



For the black I used a teeny tiny brush and KBShimmer "Eclipse." I started by drawing some longer lines spaced out and then filled in the spaces with varying lengths of wispy lines. I found it easiest to work from the center line out on one side, repeat the process on the other side, and then fill in any sparse spots in the middle with a bit of extra black.


Overall I'm super happy with the results! When I was looking at other photos online this technique seemed super intimidating, but it was actually quite fun! I'd like to do this with other colors or even make something that looks like the eye of Sauron...


And that's it! This is actually a technique that I'm adding to my list of potential tutorial videos now that my camera records video. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment