KBShimmer Summer 2014 Collection

Hi all! Summer is almost here (although where I'm at we're stuck in a weird, mega rainy week) which means it's time to show you an upcoming KBShimmer Summer collection!


This collection features 12 new polishes (5 glitters, 4 glitter toppers, 2 cremes, and 1 holographic) which range from soft and pastel to vibrant and neon! I have seven of these new polishes to show you today! This collection also includes nail vinyl decals, which I'll be showing you later this week. For all of the swatches below I used KBShimmer Clearly On Top as my top coat.



"Look High and Holo" - This raspberry pink jelly base is filled with hexes, squares, and micro bars in a rainbow of colors. I used two coats plus top coat for these photos.


I love how bright and fun this combination is. The raspberry jelly changes some of the glitters into interesting new colors! Definitely one of my surprise favorites.




"Radiant Orchid" - This is probably one of the most perfect Radiant Orchid polishes I've seen or tried all year. The formula is absolutely perfect and was almost a one-coater, although I used two here. I also used top coat for these photos, but it dried to a wonderful shiny finish without.


I think Christy has created Radiant Orchid perfection because it looks spot on to me when I hold my bottle up against the Pantone Radiant Orchid sample paint chip I have. I can't wait to wear this one again.




"Scribble Me This" - This clear based glitter topper is a fun mix of neon glitters with bright blue triangles and hexes, neon green, magenta, and purple hexes, and black stars and triangles. I used one coat on top of "Radiant Orchid" plus top coat for these photos.


I love any mix of neon glitters, especially when it involves fun shapes! Let the reign of the triangle glitter begin! The black stars totally add something special as well. I can't wait to try this over white.




"Mint-al Vacation" - This pale minty holographic polish is also filled with a beautiful white shimmer. In low light the shimmer comes out, but in direct lighting (or sunlight, which wasn't cooperating with me this week) the holographic rainbow really comes alive. I used two coats, but skipped the top coat in case it interfered with the holographic effect.


(With LED lighting.)



This baby absolutely wowed me. I can't say that I have anything else like it in my collection. As soon as the weather is nice again, expect to see even more shots of this in the sunlight.




"Happily Ever Aster" - This clear based glitter topper is filled with white, aqua, lavender, and purple hexes as well as lots of fine holographic glitter. I used one easy coat on top of "Mint-al Vacation" plus top coat.


This one totally reminds me of flower-filled gardens. It's so delicate! Personally I get more of a Spring vibe from this one, but it's gorgeous nonetheless. 




"Periwinkle in Time" - This periwinkle crelly base is filled with holographic hexes and dots in navy, magenta, silver, and aqua. I used two coats plus top coat for these photos.


I really enjoy that the periwinkle in this base somehow manages to be both soft and vibrant at the same time. The aqua glitter in there really gives it a fun pop of color. I might try layering this one over a creme next time as it was just a tiny bit lumpy.




"Sea You Around" - This deep teal jelly base is filled with fuchsia and silver dots and hexes in a couple of sizes, light blue squares, magenta micro bars, and bunches of holographic shimmer. I used two coats plus top coat for these photos.


This is probably my favorite from the bunch, as green jellies (from KBShimmer especially) usually are. It's vibrant, interesting, and totally full of dimension. The formula was one of the best I've ever seen and it pretty much applied itself. I could get lost in this one!



So now that you've seen more about this collection, which ones have made your wishlist? Do you have an immediate favorite? The KBShimmer Summer 2014 collection will be available starting on June 20th at kbshimmer.com and Harlow & Co. Make sure you follow KBShimmer on Facebook for even more details on this and future collections! Thanks for reading! 


*The polishes in this post were provided for my personal and 100% honest opinion."

Comments

  1. Mint-al Vacation just calls my name :D
    Great collection and great swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment