WingDust Wednesday: "Neon Black"

Hiya, readers! I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't very good about posting in May. Lots of weirdness and craziness left me feeling pretty burned out with little motivation to slap on untried polishes, take pictures, edit, and write up a post. 

On the bright side I found out that I was approved for a press pass for Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas in July! I'm going to be meeting all of my favorite bloggers and indie polish makers (IN PERSON!) and even get to room with my Nail Newscast partner Courtney! (Can you tell I'm super excited?) I'll be sure to give you more details once we get closer to the event.

Since it's Wednesday I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with a WingDust Wednesday post. My favorite!




"Neon Black" - A shimmery black base filled with small holographic hexes, small black hexes, shimmery rainbow micro flakes, and some blue/purple shimmer. I had full coverage with two coats, but I added a third to darken the base color up a little bit. I also used one coat of top coat as it seemed to dry to a satin finish.


Swatch Summary

Brand name: WingDust
Color name: "Neon Black"
Price: $7.00 (On sale right now!)
Release date: I believe this first showed up back in 2012!
Where to buy: WingDust Etsy Store
Where to follow: Facebook & Instagram

My opinion: I know I always ramble on about how much a looove the glitter-filled jellies that Steph makes, but I enjoy the subtle beauties like this too! I'm someone who really enjoys wearing black nail polish (I used to rock a black creme back in high school quite frequently) so this one was easy for me to love. The rainbow sparkle is soft but definitely eye-catching, especially those holographic hexes. I think this would make a great base for some galaxy nail art!

Next time I'll show you my swatches of "Space Cadet" along with some extra pictures so you can see how it compares to "Neon Black." :)

As always, thanks so much for reading!


*Polishes in this post were provided for my personal and 100% honest opinion.*

Comments

  1. This is stunning! I love the subtle color in the black base.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment